Demo coming soon? Tau Meta Language in C++ updated on Github.
Awesome visual promotion design by @capitanart for my only other favourite blockchain project besides Steem. Tau for the win! Might sound overly dramatic, but life has never been the same ever since I came across the following statement back in 31st December 2017:-
"Consider a process, denoted by X, of people, forming and following another process denoted by Y. Tau is the case where X=Y."
by Ohad Asor, The New Tau
Say hello to our little friend above. It's the formula for intelligent decentralized networks. I'd really like to write more about this all day and night, but it's just difficult talking about something without a product to inspect. Regardless, it's still very real in my head because it has been shown to be a technical possibility. Is this the alpha protocol, the e=mc2 of blockchain technology?
Good news: there's something to show soon. It looks like the MVP release is on the horizon. New code just out on https://github.com/IDNI/tau. The author, Ohad Asor also remarked "the code is written. now i have to fix its bugs."
At only 384 lines of C++ code, what could it possibly demonstrate? If this is indeed the first instance Tau Meta Language (TML), it would then need to be re-written in TML itself for the next significant stage in development. At the moment, maybe you'd want read up on the following if you're interested:-
- Binary decision diagram: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_decision_diagram
- Boolean satisfiability problem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boolean_satisfiability_problem
- First order partial-fixed point logics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FO_(complexity)
- Partial evaluation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_evaluation
- Gödel's incompleteness theorems: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_incompleteness_theorems
- The Paradox of Self-Amendment by Peter Suber: https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/23674879/Suber%20-%20Paradox%20of%20Self-Amendment%202.pdf?sequence=1
- Decidability: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decidability_(logic)
- Self-reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-reference
- Negation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negation
- IDNI / Tau / Agoras website: http://idni.org
Honestly, I don't really know what to expect at the moment. All I know is that I've never been this excited before. Alright, time to attend to some life obligations before getting back into writing about Tau's development. As always, thanks for reading!
Note: here's part 1 of my series on Tau, more to come soon - https://steemit.com/blockchain/@kevinwong/what-is-tauchain-and-why-it-could-be-one-of-the-greatest-inventions-of-all-time-part-1
Disclaimer: Not financial advice.