Jerry's budget - Steem Witness Server Running Responsibly
Thank you Jerry (@jerrybanfield) for creating a fund for the witnesses that despite not being able to meet the server cost (due to low ranking in the witness list) are still investing their time and effort in the community building.
That's a very selfless effort. Kudos.
(I have seen in the past that you had Unapproved your OWN witness, just to free up a vote to promote another newbie witness. Your >1600 MV Whale Vote is big enough to jeopardise your witness ranking. That sets an example of Selflessness.)
My Witness Server
As mentioned in my Witness Update Published on January 16, 2018; my Server is now much Bigger, Better and Bolder and is capable of supporting the surge in number of transactions per block.
I am glad to see that the server is running responsibly with following Specs
- 32 GB ZRAM
- 100 GB HDD
- VPS - hosted by AWS
- Account Creation fees = 0.1 Steem (updated)
- Block Size = 131072 bytes (Updated)
- Total Witness Votes = 26
Though I am not techie person, but I am contributing my time in making Steem/ Steemit more popular among Indian Community.
We are testing with a small bot called IndiaUnited that supports quality content from Indian Audience. Once that bot starts running perfectly we plan to reach out to whales to get delegated SP and encourage more quality authors, artists, and content writers from India.
Thoughts on the development of Steem
Well as of now, the following thoughts cross my mind.
1. Putting an end to Bid-Bots:
- Its not Proof of Brain as suggested in Steem White Paper - its proof of business
- This distorts the reward pool massively - I have seen people sending bids of like 200 SBD, and overnight they gain quite a decent reputation score... Which in fact is total fallacy.. A REPUTATION has to be built over time...
2. Increase the Post earning period to 1 Month: Since the post is earning for only 1 Week, bid bots helps in getting the desired result. But a question that we should be asking to ourselves is, why are we running against time? If technology permits, we can safely increase the post reward period to a month or more. Statistically speaking, the post earns most amount of its reward just few hours of its publication and then the earning rate is FLAT. Let that flat curve sustain for a longer duration, and wait for organic earnings which is fair for all.
Other option could be, to reward the post in two installments. 1 Week Payout and 1 Month Payout.
3. Recognize the content on the platform as an Asset: One of the ways Steem could be valued in future is by analyzing the quality of the content on the platform. Therefore it is important for the community to encourage Diversified content on the platform that is original (and not a picture of a Rat, sourced from Google and Upvoted big time by a Bid bot - example). This attitude has to flow across from Whales to all community members.
4. Create Curation Teams: Curie is doing an amazing work in promoting quality content, in a similar biz model, Whales can form a team of curators (by topic) and delegate them the SP and Task to manually curate good quality content. Thus recognizing content as an asset and valuing it.
Support me as your witness
The above are some of my thoughts on developing and promoting steem, and I would like to work towards them.
If your thoughts resonate with mine, do support me as your witness.
Here is the simple two step procedure
Option 1 Go to this website - https://steemian.info/witnesses
Click the green thumb
and enter your password.
Scroll down the top 50 witnesses list and type "bsameep" in the box
HAPPY STEEMING :)