"Lurker": Tokenized artwork
My newest tokenized artwork, "Lurker". was created while listening to the excellent Vampair Series story by Daria Cohen, using music by Voltaire.
To create this little horrifying dragonling, I started out, I kid you not, with this image taken by my sister, Marie, of a toad that's been visiting/living in my mothers garden for at least a decade or so:
I then did some editing in GIMP
And looked at what kind of output I could get from the Kaleidoscope:
I tested a few filters to create some more visuals:
I did some editing of the eyes, by selecting a specific region of the eye and entering a Supernova effect into it:
As you can see, in between the two I also erased some of the extra material.
Initially, I intended for that excess mateial to resemble wings, but no matter how I tried to rework it, I couldn't get the effect to my liking.
The Supernova effect was applied the same to all 3 image types I've shown, and I used the original image to create a background for it.
I then used the GIMP G'MIC-qt plugin's Blend[fade] effect to combine the different images using a circular fading pattern.
After that, I wanted to replicate an effect from an old work "Out of the shadows, into the light":
The effect has it fading in and out of darkness, so I created a copy of the current image, but using a few filters to darken it (mainly Contrast and an Edge Detection algorithm)
I then created an even darker copy, and duplicated the two others:
And rearranged the order a bit and used the default Blend functionality of GIMP to create a GIF.
I then converted the image to 255 colors and applied the "Optimize (for GIF)" effect to reduce size:
and voila !