Global CryptoReg Roundup #005
The Global CryptoReg Roundup is a weekly digest of crypto-focused political, regulatory, and legal news from across the globe.
No frills or needless exposition. Just the facts (ma'am)....
Victoria’s consumer affairs regulator receives numerous report of Bitcoin scams, raises concerns.
ACMA is investigating bitcoin sports betting site JustBet for claiming to be registered in Australia.
FSA orders two exchanges to temporarily halt operations, five others ordered to improve security measures.
Coincheck begins reimbursing victims of January hack.
- Government officials banned from trading and hodling crypto.
Member of of the PCC, China’s main political advisory, proposes creation of national crypto exchange.
Regulators are blocking social media accounts operated by crytpo exchanges.
Additional exchanges shut down after Binance hack.
- New regulations expected to define crypto as digital assets, not currency.
Finance Ministry drafts to criminalize the use of crypto as a money substitute.
Supreme Court to rule on case impacting the restriction of crypto websites.
President Putin indicates that crypto regulations to take effect by July 1.
- While not legally recognized as currency, gains from crypto will trigger income tax liability.
- First ever Presidential election held using blockchain technology.
European Banking Authority head pushes back on calls for regulating cryptocurrencies.
European and American regulators working jointly to fight crypto fraud.
- Prasos Oy exchange in jeopardy of shutting down as banks refuse to do business.
- Finance Minister pushes for ICO regulations to protect investors.
- FSMA issues warning that 19 crypto exchanges have “established indication of fraud”.
- New Brunswick regulator issues investor warning against Bitcoin-bank.io and its BTCB coin.
Class action lawsuit filed against Coinbase, alleges insider trading in connection with the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) listing.
Federal judge rules that cryptocurrencies are commodities, and thus may be regulated by the CFTC.
CFTC commissioner calls for exchanges to self-regulate.
SEC declares that cryptoassets are securities and exchanges must register with them.
Illinois becomes latest state to consider accepting bitcoin for tax payments.
Arizona bill to accept bitcoin for tax payments passes through House committee.
Wyoming Legislature passes “utility token bill”, exempting some tokens from securities laws.
- HashBrasil’s mining operation shut down by regulators.
- Legislative body at odds with President Maduro, declares Petro coin unconstitutional.
The following coins have been reported to adopt many Ponzi-style attributes:
Twitter facing onslaught of crypto impersonation scams, vows to combat them.
Security Researcher: 50,000 Wordpress sites likely infected by malware to mine Monero (XMR).
In wake of missing funds for account holders, Binance denies hack and fingers malicious trading bots. Binance posts a $250,000 bounty for info leading to arrest of the perpetrators.
Canadian exchange creating blacklist of wallets to fight Fentanyl epidemic, pushing other exchanges to create global database.
Fishcoin utility token aims to combat fraud & waste in the seafood industry
Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin presented a scaling solution to help exchanges become more resistant to hacks.
|| @bubbleboy ||
Animated Banner Created By @zord189