Global CryptoReg Roundup #006
The Global CryptoReg Roundup is a weekly digest of crypto-focused political, regulatory, and legal news from across the globe.
No frills or needless exposition. Just the facts (ma'am)....
- In wake of January hack, Coincheck drops trading of Monero, DASH, and ZCash.
- Three exchanges raided by prosecutors for allegedly stealing funds from customer accounts.
- FSC expected to formally legalize ICOs.
Revenue Department sends proposal for 10% capital gains tax on crypto earnings to cabinet for for approval.
SEC expected to be empowered to regulate crypto within a month.
HDFC Bank bans crypto trading.
Former finance chief: don’t bother regulating crypto; it should be “banned.”
- Draft law addressing crypto & ICO regulations introduced in State Duma, would define crypto as digital financial assets, allowing trading only via authorized exchanges..
- Securities regulator publishes guidelines declaring most cryptocurrencies are considered securities.
- Report: malware for Monero mining linked to Egyptian government.
Economic Minister orders that crypto mining be included as state-recognized economy activity, paving the way for legalization..
Court to consider awarding bitcoin damages to plaintiff for “moral damages”.
- Financial regulator CSSF issues warning against crytpo and ICOs.
- French regulators release “blacklist” of 15 crypto sites purportedly skirting French/EU law.
- ICO-friendly draft legislation to be introduced in Parliament, with hopes to attract crypto business.
Gemini founder Winkelvoss brothers propose a self-regulating “Virtual Commodity Association”; the proposal receives support from a CFTC commissioner.
New York legislature takes up bill to ease the regulatory burden on crypto-related businesses.
2018 Joint Congressional Economic Report features cryptocurrencies, offers mix of of positive outlook and concerns.
Arizona legislature considering “Node Rights” bill offering protections to node operators.
Leaders from Japan pushing G20 officials to introduce crypto regulation on money laundering.
G20 watchdog FSB announces it will not create new rules for crypto regulation, instead will conduct review of existing rules.
Report: Twitter to ban crypto ads in two weeks.
U.S. FTC halts activities of four men for promoting a alleged deceptive crypto referral schemes.
Phillipines SEC warns against scams Onecash and PBB150..
Accounts of Zimbabwe exchange Golix breached.
Fraudsters impersonating the Australian Tax Office have scammed $50,000 out of taxpayers.
BitTorrent client MediaGet hacked, infecting 400,000 PCs with crypto-mining malware.
Malicious Monero cryptominer hidden within photo of Scarlett Johnsson by hackers.
Binance sets aside $10 million in reserves to combat hackers.
Giftcoin startup to tackle transparency in charitable giving by harnessing blockchain tech.
|| @bubbleboy ||
Animated Banner Created By @zord189