The Daily Sneak 14 July 2018 - with guest curator @viking-ventures
Welcome to The Daily Sneak!!!
We reward quality content, AND content curators! Come for the crypto, stay for the community!
You can earn up to 5 SBD per accepted submission for guest curating The Daily Sneak. Submission requirements are published at the bottom of each edition of The Daily Sneak.
Today's guest curator is @viking-ventures. Lori is an author, photographer and student-of-the-world who loves to find undervalued bloggers and posts to help promote through Daily Sneak, Pay-it-Forward, ASAPers, etc. She is a firm believer that it's the fabulous Steem community that makes the whole thing worthwhile!
The Sneaked Selections
I love not only the artistic talent of this blogger, @teukuhanis, but the fact that they share some of the steps they go through. I get the feeling that their knowledge of English is not too strong, but art truly transcends the language barriers in this great piece!
I don't normally feature videos for curation, especially ones who have been well rewarded, but this one really is excellent - and although @alexabsolute has good content, it's rarely rewarded (this one appears to have had a dtube "curie"-type boost.) Anyway, this video is just excellent - showing a little of the street life in Shanghai and letting us share in his experience of trying these little "smoking cookies!" Keep up the good work!
I just love articles that show someone's every day life! Life around the world has so many different variations that make it fascinating! Although I would have loved to seen some of the catfish @hattaarshavin harvested from this trench, watching others work is still interesting in its own right.
If Steemit needed an official food, this is it! I love this article; how @anyisol has shared with us the recipe and process (with awesome photos) on how to make these great buns for your next barbecue. With such great instructions, I'm sure that Steemit burgers are going to become a major craze in our community!
Despite the unassuming title, this is another hidden gem, depicting this @elmicta's daily life, harvesting green beans and corn! Such a beautiful place to live and work; I love hearing about normal lives of people around the world!
These are really diverse selections from @viking-ventures. She is quickly becoming one of our regular guest curators, and we are happy to have her submissions! Check out each post and let their creators know what you think. For submitting these excellent articles and commentary, @viking-ventures earns 5 SBD.
On to the submission requirements for The Daily Sneak:
- You can choose from 2 to 5 articles for your entry. Submissions with only one selected article will be ignored.
- All articles chosen for curation need to have been published within the last 5 days before your entry. It may take time for me to publish your curation, and curated articles need to be within the reward window when your submission is published.
- You cannot submit your own post for curation. Selections from nsfw will not be accepted. We also check for plagiarism and only highlight original content.
- Selected posts should have less than $50 in total rewards and have not previously been curated by The Daily Sneak.
- We try to spread the love around, so while selections from authors that have been highlighted before are welcome, they might not be included if the author's last inclusion was recent. Similarly, if you include two articles from the same author in one submission, we will typically highlight only one of the two.
- Be sure to include your personal bio for me to introduce you to readers, and make sure that each selection has commentary. This can be just a few sentences about why you think the selection is worth our attention, or what is great about it - something that will make people want to click through the headline and check out the actual article. English is preferred, but other languages will be considered as long as English translation is included.
- Please use this web form to submit your entry. https://goo.gl/forms/VH2MGIMEgqZmd9ef1
- Including image links to the source article is not required (and we prefer to leave some mystery if photography is highlighted and the article has only one photo.) However, we like to include images in The Daily Sneak, and not including any image links may decrease the likelihood of your submissions being published.
If you include more than 2 articles in your submission and not all are approved for publication, your submission may still be published into an edition of The Daily Sneak, as long as at least 2 articles are approved. This could happen for several different reasons. If you are unsure why an article was cut, please review the submission guidelines again. If you are still unsure, feel free to ask politely why it was cut.
A brief biography of each guest curator will be included in the edition that uses their submission. In addition, each guest curator will receive 1 SBD for each article from their submission that is highlighted in The Daily Sneak. That's up to 5 SBD for each accepted submission!
Right now @thedailysneak's upvote is not worth as much as we are paying for guest curation. Why do we pay so much for guest curation? We believe that quality curation is very important to Steem. Paying our curators well encourages them to spend more time reviewing content and picking out the best pieces!
Banner headline sourced from Pixabay. All other images are sourced from the curated articles. Published commentary about articles are the !originalworks personal opinions of the guest curators, and may not represent the opinions of The Daily Sneak or its editor.