EFTG presentation at Blockchain Expo Europe 2019
Watch my talk in Amsterdam in June 2019. Talk description:
The European Financial Transparency Gateway (EFTG) is a pilot project at the initiative of DG FISMA, funded by the European Parliament, and with the objective of furthering the Capital Markets Union by increasing financial transparency and facilitating investor access to regulated financial information, in line with the Transparency Directive (Directive 2013/50/EU) and the EEAP regulation (Commission Delegated Regulation 2016/1437).
DG FISMA, supported by DG CNECT, decided that blockchain technology could bring distinct benefits and help address specific challenges facing this initiative, especially by clarifying concerns related to data control, liability and access rights.
Unlike classical IT architectures, a blockchain-based solution was expected to provide and maintain a secure, trustable link between data and actors in the system.
Find out how, beyond unique business functionalities, the blockchain-based implementation proved to also be cheaper and faster to develop and deploy than a custom-built system.
The outcome of the Pilot Porject analysed:
- The European Financial Transparency Gateway Pilot Project
- Incentive-based regulation - Blockchain opens up a new era of European integration
- EU Blockchain goes mobile: 2 Watts is all it needs
The original post introducing the background and the challenge:
Blockchain, Crypto and Society
- What's Bitcoin's Value?
- How to buy Bitcoin in the Eurozone - Comment acheter du Bitcoin dans la zone euro
- Why Blockchain Is a Revolution
- A New Hope
- Hack Your Life in 3 Easy Steps!
- The Holy Blockchain
- My blockchain memory
- Crazy crypto evening
- Blockchain revolution: Money and Credit
- Small worlds
- The Press needs to be Freed from the Tyranny of Money
- Immigrate to Romania!
- Blockchain in large organizations
- Blockchain revolution: the CIOs' dilemma
- The Heist: How Big Blue stole Blockchain!
- Blockchain Explored - why the industry loves IBM
- Blockchain and the End of the Western Civilization
- The Church of Bitcoin
- The Ressolid Project
Other posts you might enjoy:
Blockchain and Europe
- Europe, I love you! - Europe, je t'aime!
- The Blockchain Competence Center (BLKCC)
- Toward a pan-EU blockchain infrastructure
- Blockchain and Data Virtualisation
- Blockchain, Credentials and Connected Learning Conference
- Decentralized Learning: The Future of Student Mobility in Europe
- The "war for [steem] blockchain talent" has been engaged - Fujitsu allies with EC
- Poker Champion Tony G turns MEP Blockchain Champion!
- Virtual Currencies - an EP report July 2018 - Part 1
- Central Bank Digital Currencies - Part 2 of the "Virtual Currencies" EP report of July 2018
- Blockchain taming the Dragon of Corruption
- Sovereign identity on blockchain
- Blockchain and GDPR - a Call to Arms!
- How I learned to stop worrying and love the Bid Bots
- Help Yourself! (steemit for dummies)
- Steem crypto-economics
- Best way to Grow on Steemit
- Steemit and the Fractal Society
- Game Theory 101 - Schelling point or "Why Steemit.com is important"
- The Steemit adventure 
You might also want to check out
- my “lighthearted” account, @sorin.lite, perhaps you’ll like what you’ll see.
- the Witness account, @lux-witness (and even approve it, perhaps)