STRAWBERRY FRENCH CAKE
Crusty on the outside with a creamy and almost custard-like crumb in the center, this cake is packed with fresh strawberries and is guaranteed to become a delightful summertime favorite!
I can’t wait for more fruits to come in season and try out this recipe with fresh ripe peaches, plums or a mix of berries from my garden. It would also be wonderful with apples in the fall with a light dusting of cinnamon sugar on top I would imagine. But for now…here’s my version of a Strawberry French Cake.
1 Full Stick (8oz- 1 Cup) of Butter, softened
3/4 + 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs, room temperature
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Cup A.P Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
2 (16oz) Cups Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C. Spray a 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a mixer bowl, whip together the softened butter with 3/4 cup granulated sugar until pale and fluffy. 5-7 mins.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Beat in the Vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding a little bit of the flour mixture and sour cream, to the butter mixture, beating after each addition until just combined ending with flour. Scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Fold in the sliced strawberries reserving some slices for the top.
- Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan and place the reserved sliced strawberries on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar on top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream/ice cream.
Hope you enjoyed the recipe 🙂...
Stay safe stay connected.