This is my new favorite dessert...a super moist, almond-flavored pound cake that transports you to your Happy Place!
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 3 cups Flour
- .5 tsp Baking Soda
- .5 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 2.75 cup White Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- .25 cup Amaretto Liqueur
- .5 cup Butter
- .5 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- .5 cup White Sugar
- 1/3 cup Half & Half
- 3 tbsp Amaretto
- Preheat oven to 325°. Liberally grease a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick baking spray and set it aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Then set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together milk, vinegar and Amaretto. Then set aside.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, do the following (Tip: the flex edge beater attachment works great for this!)...
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla and almond until well combined.
- Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the milk mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely (in bundt pan) before inverting onto cake plate.
- Make the Amaretto sauce:
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and white sugar in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until smooth.
- Add the cream and Amaretto, then bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve pound cake warm, drizzled with Amaretto sauce.
For more delicious recipes, check out my other recent posts: