Playing with food for 30 days - day 4

in #food4 years ago

image

Finally I get to eat my much anticipated Buddha bowl that I found on the Oh She Glows website. I have a link at the bottom of this post if you want to give it a try!

image

It's so delicious and so filling I just love it! The great thing about this is you can cook the chickpeas and sweet potatoes then just keep cutting fresh veggies each day you want to eat this.

It's best to cut your veggies right before you eat them if you want to get the most nutrients possible, veggies lose antioxidants once they are cut. If this isn't an option and you need to do all your prep in one day then cut away! Precut veggies are still way better than no veggies!

image

I like to mix kale and a different green as my base, today I used green and red leaf lettuce mixed in with my kale.

I basically added quinoa, chickpeas, sweet potatos, avocado, purple cabbage, carrots and yellow bell pepper to my greens and tossed it in a lemon tahini dressing also found on Oh She Glows website.

image

On her page she adds hummus and hemp hearts and omits the bell peppers, I've tried it that way and it's also delicious.

You can adjust any recipe you see to suit your desires. I wanted this to be a bit less heavy so I didn't incorporate the hummus, I love bell peppers so I added them. See super easy!

image

I also didn't measure the dressing and it came out a little thick so I just added some water. Plus I love garlic so I added an extra clove!

http://ohsheglows.com/2014/01/06/the-big-vegan-bowl/

http://ohsheglows.com/2011/05/12/lightened-up-protein-power-goddess-bowl/

For the Oh She Glows Lemon-Tahini Dressing:

1 large garlic clove
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup tahini
3 to 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast, to taste
3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt

Follow me @kylaki if you want to hear more about my 30 veggie challenge or if you want to see what I'm up to in Canada or around the world!
Comments appreciated ❤️

Xo Ky

Sort:  

Wow...Cool))
Upvoted and resteemed))

Thanks so much, I appreciate it a lot! Let me know if you try the bowl and what you think!
Follow me i

Kyla your beautiful! Your eclipsing your fantastic food and photography with those amazing eyes!

Aww thank you so much 😘

My eyes must be big because I was hungry lol

Awesome! Some time ago I started raw food/vegan diet so most of my meals look something like this delicious bowl. :) Fruits for lunch, veggies for dinner.

Wow that's awesome, are you still on the raw food diet? How long has it been? I've never gone fully raw but I hear it's great for your body!

It's the best way to detox and clean the body and it feels amazing. Once you go that route, you no longer crave all the unhealthy stuff. :) I'm still in the transition phase, so I'm not 100% raw (I might never go full 100% as it might be too extreme), but I can feel many benefits already.

Yah I guess there is that 80/20 rule... If your raw 80% of the time it's ok to eat not the other 20% of the time. Maybe I'll try a raw diet for a month sometime in the coming months, I never have before but sounds like it's pretty healthy..

That looks tasty and super healthy!

It is so delicious and yes super happy. Not a lot of prep work either. Give it a try and let me know how you like it. Yumm yumm Yummm