Yum! Maceroni Hotpot with Garlic Bread ! - theuncook.com
I had been cooking traditional Indian recipes for a while now. I thought why not try a continental dish with an Indian twist. I have always had a weakness for Italian food. So, I thought let me cook up one of my favorite Italian Dishes. Maccheroni Hotpot but with an Indian twist.
As a working woman I prefer recipes which I can cook up easily with minimal prep and cooking time and also at the same does not compromise on the taste and nutrition quotient. While I may not be a Michelin Chef, I sure know how to make someone happy with my cooking 😉
This recipe may not follow the exact hotpot recipe since I have tried to give it a bit of local flavor. It may be a little more spicy than normal. However, you can moderate those items as per your taste. This recipe is very famous with my little nephews and the kids seem to love this.
So, let’s get to it without much ado.Please note we made a vegetarian dish. This dish also supports meat such as Chicken. Lamb. Beef and Pork.
Preparation Time: 15 Mins, Cooking Time: 10 Mins, Baking Time: 15-20 Mins
Temperature: 180 Degrees Celsius, Serves: 2 People
2 tbsp Butter/Ghee
1 Medium Onion
1/3 Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup beans
1/3 Cup Carrots
1/4 Cup sliced Zucchini
1/4 Chopped Garlic/ Garlic Paste
1/3 Tomatoes Finely Chopped
1/4 tbsp Chilli Powder
1 tbsp Vinegar
1 tbsp Soya sauce
1/4 tbsp Sugar
1/4 Cup Grated Mozerella Cheese
1/2 tsp Oregano
3/4 Boiled Maccheroni
Salt to taste.
- Boil the Maccheroni in a pan and drain the water post boiling. Set Aside.
- Put 2 tbsp of butter/Ghee in a pan and heat on medium flame.
- Add the Garlic till its turns brown. If paste then it will be much quicker.
- Put the Onions and fry till light brown.
- Add the other Vegetables and sauté them on medium flame for 10 mins.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add Red Chilli powder. Mix them all well together.
- Move the Veggies to the side in pan and pour the Vinegar and Soya Sauce. Add some salt and a spoon of sugar. Mix the three ingredients well first.
- Then mix the newly made sauce with the rest of the vegetables and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add the boiled Maccheroni to the veggies. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Add the oregano and red chilli flakes for flavour.
- Cook for two mins.
- Put the whole thing into a baking bowl.
- Garnish with Grated Mozzarella Cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins @ 180 Degree Celsius.
Ta dah! Your Indian style Maccheroni is ready to eat :-D
I also like Cheese garlic bread as accompaniments. So if you like them you can do the same as well.
This is a great dish to make for a dinner at home with guests. This is also a huge hit with Kids. They just love it. If you are a busy mother looking for a few moments of peace, this is the dish that will buy you that 😉
If wish to know about any Veg Indian dishes do feel free to let me know in the comments section and I will be happy to share the same with you. Hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I enjoyed making it for you.
If you like our content do resteem, follow and upvote :)