How To Guide for Splinterlands: Using the Exchange Engines
Hello fellow Summoners,
Many a soul have visited the official Splinterlands Discord (if you haven't you really should: https://discord.gg/gmws8Yr) to ask this question: How do I exchange my DEC for real money. In this post, I will introduce you to three exchange engines which are currently most utilized by fellow summoners, namely the Steem Engine, Hive Engine, and Tron Trade. If you are looking for a specific engine which I just mentioned, just scroll down to it.
So how do you even start withdrawing? Well the first step that is common is the withdrawal of DEC. To withdraw DEC to a variety of chains, click on the DEC icon on the Splinterlands screen:
You will then be brought to the withdrawal screen (excuse my low DEC I just started two months ago and didn't invest much 😅)
Then click on the drop down menu and select the wallet you want to withdraw to. I am not going to go into detail about the ETH wallet because nobody has ever asked me how to withdraw it to there. I also have no experience withdrawing it to a ETH wallet so I don't want to misinform you.
Steem Engine Withdrawal
Steem Engine is by FAR the most frequently used engines by summoners such as you. The withdrawal process is relatively simple.
- Click on the drop down link and select Steem Engine Wallet
- Click on Transfer Out
- The DEC should have arrived in your wallet in 5 minutes, or else, contact admins in the discord channel.
- Go to https://steem-engine.com/
- Click on Sign In at the top right hand corner
- You will be taken to the following login page. Enter your steem username if you have the steem keychain and have logged into it OR alternatively, you can enter both your posting key and username to login in.
- Now that you are signed in, click on wallet on the top of the menu bar.
- Click on the two arrow button on the same row as the DEC icon:
- You are taken to the trading screen. This is where you can either buy or sell DEC. But because you are withdrawing your DEC, you want to sell it for STEEM. Steem engine uses a currency STEEMP which has the exact same value as STEEM but there is a 1% Deposit and Withdrawal Fee.
- If you want a fair price on your DEC, list it at a price that you choose. If you don't care to suffer a tiny loss, then click on the highest bid just below your DEC balance. That will automatically match your price with the highest bidder's.
- Click Sell DEC and you will be taken to a confirmation page. Click that, enter your active key or click OK if you are using Steem Keychain and you just sold your DEC!
- So you got STEEMP. There are several cryptocurrencies which you can withdraw to:
- STEEM: Simply just click on the withdraw button next to the deposit button. Then enter your desired withdrawal amount and click withdraw. There is a 1% fee so you may get a little bit less than your STEEMP value.
- Any other currency listed here:
As well as OTC:
Buy the desired coin's pegged version. You may want to set your own price here since the prices can vary a lot.
- Click withdraw and enter the desired amount + wallet address and you will see it arrive soon!
The steps of Hive Engine are very similar to the steps of Steem Engine except that you select HIVE Engine Wallet instead of Steem Engine Wallet on the first step. Then go to https://hive-engine.com/ instead of steem engine. Sell your Hive for HIVEP and the rest is the same.
Tron Trade is for people who want Tron instead of HIVE and STEEM. Simply follow these steps:
- Click on your profile name and click Link External Wallet on the drop down menu.
- Enter your tron wallet and click on the save button. Your Tron Wallet is now linked to your Splinterlands account!
- Go to trontrade.io
- Click sign-in and sign in with either GuildWallet or TronLink. You may need to download the extension. It should automatically sign you in though.
- Click exchange on the top menu bar.
- On the right side, you should see a list of coins listed. Type DEC in the search bar to get DEC/TRX. Click on it.
- Click on the bid prices (The green ones if you are selling and the red ones if you are buying) and enter how much DEC you want to sell. Note the minimum to sell is at least 10 TRX worth of DEC. NOTE: There is a 0.2% fee per trade volume.
- The Tron should arrive in your wallet! Yay! If you want other currencies, just type your desired currency in the search bar and trade it with TRX.
- Click on your address on the top bar and it will take you to your profile:
- Find your desired currency and click SEND.
- Enter the address and desired amount and there you go!
One of the things that stops people from playing Splinterlands is the confusion about how to convert DEC to actual currency. Hopefully this guide will help encourage players to play the game and not be cowed by the seemingly difficult process of withdrawing DEC.
So, if you haven't already joined, DO SO NOW! What are you waiting for?
Join NOW at https://splinterlands.com?ref=cornavirus