Cream puffs (choux pastry) Recipe | Filled with chocolate pudding
Cream puffs or profiterole, are the ideal sweet for all kinds of celebrations, whether they accompany a cake or serve as a snack, they add a different touch when it comes to sharing. Also, they are prepared with salty fillings such as tuna or chicken antispasto.
The truth is that the simplicity of this pastry, its texture and flavor, make the profiteroles should be on your table when sharing with family and friends.In this opportunity, I want to share a simple recipe so find the ingredients, prepare the table, preheat the oven and let's cook.
- 160gr of all-purpose flour, without leavening.
- 100gr of butter (preferably unsalted)
- 250mil water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt, if the butter is unsalted
- 4 eggs
- Spices if you want to give some extra aroma and flavour to the pastry.
- In a pot, put the water on high fire along with the margarine, sugar and salt. Turn off the fire when it is ready to boil.
- Incorporate all the flour and start mixing until it forms a pastry. Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes to lower the temperature.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the pastry and integrate well. You will notice that it becomes a little difficult and that it seems that it will not unite but with a little patience you will notice how everything integrates until it forms a paste.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon, place the dough in portions on a tray prepared with butter and flour.
- With the oven preheated to 190°C, bake until golden. Depending on the size, this can take between 25 and 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before filling.
- For filling, you can use the cream of your choice. I used a chocolate pudding. Take a profiterol and open a small hole at the bottom and with the help of the pastry bag, fill the profiterol.
- You can join them with some hot drinks.
All pictures was taken by me, with a Xiaomi Redmi 7 phone, without any edition. They were only compressed to make the content easier to view.