High fiber cookies | Perfect for any time of day
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a fan of eating cookies of any kind. The only bad thing about eating too many cookies is that they can be harmful to your health, so we should look for options that are a little more healthy. Cookies that are high in fiber are ideal for improving digestion and improving intestinal problems. Something important about fiber is that it helps lower blood glucose, eating high-fiber cookies helps the body a lot.
These cookies contain refined sugar and butter, but the fat can be replaced by some oil that is healthy for the body and sweetened with honey or fruit sugar, so that these cookies are even more healthy. That already depends on you and your diet. What fiber do these cookies contain? I put oatmeal, poppy seeds and bran in them. Don't use whole wheat flour, as it requires liquid to make the cookies hard. So add bran to increase the fiber and give it that flavor that whole wheat flour has.
These cookies also contain raisins, since they have oatmeal in flakes, I love to combine their flavor with raisins. Even though I'm telling you about the fiber in these cookies, leaving that aside, they are very tasty, soft and have nothing to envy from other cookies. If you want, you can put 70% bitter chocolate chips on them to give a special touch. It's time to prepare the cookies, find the ingredients, prepare your table, it's time to bake.
- 100g of butter
- 80gr of refined sugar
- 100g of oatmeal flakes
- 200gr of baking wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of bran
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- a pinch of nutmeg and cardamom
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- Raisins for decoration
- We will start by mixing in a bowl the butter with the sugar and vanilla until we get a soft cream.
- We add the egg and integrate it very well.
- Add the nutmeg, cardadamom and cinnamon. Mix well to distribute the flavors.
- Add the oatmeal flakes, the poppy seeds and the bran. We integrate well and then we add the wheat flour.
- Mix well and you will notice that the mixture is a little hard. We add the spoonful of honey and when integrating, the mixture will take shine and softness.
- In a plate for the oven, we put portions of dough and we decorate them with raisins. You should dip the raisins a little bit into the mixture to avoid them burning. I divided the mixture for 12 cookies.
- We take them to the oven, preheated to 180°C and let them cook for 15-20min or until they are golden on the edges and slightly golden on top.
The cookies are ready, I eat them hot with a glass of milk or cold for afternoon snack. My nephews love to eat these cookies. I usually prepare cookies for them to share while we watch a movie at about 5 pm, when the kids are usually more anxious. If you like this kind of cookies, let me know in the comments and if you have any special recipe, I hope you share it with me.
All pictures were taken by me, with a Xiaomi Redmi 7 phone, without any edition. They were only compressed to facilitate the visualization of the content. The separators are an image taken from pixabay and cut out. Here they is, if you want to use: Oat.