Mozzarella 🧀 Cheese Bechamel Sauce | Recipe 👨🍳
Bechamel sauce is an excellent topping for different types of preparations. Whether you prepare a chicken, a delicious pasta, steamed vegetables, lasagna or baked potatoes, bechamel sauce makes these preparations magical or have better texture, flavor and aroma. I cannot leave aside the Mozzarella cheese, the capacity that it has to melt makes that placing it in some recipe, contributes that humidity, elasticity and union in different foods. Otherwise imagine that the pizza says that it does not need the mozzarella cheese to unify all the ingredients XD.
This béchamel sauce recipe that I share with you was not prepared in the traditional way. Let's say that this preparation is more similar to a pastry cream, but using the same ingredients. The traditional béchamel sauce begins its preparation with butter and flour in a frying pan, cooked until it forms a kind of dough. The curious thing about preparing it this way is that it will have an additional flavor like toasted almonds. Although this flavor may not be ideal in some recipes, that is why I like to prepare it the way I am going to present it.
Parmesan cheese is ideal to use with bechamel sauce and to grill vegetables or other preparations, but when you want to put bechamel sauce only on top of your recipes, adding mozzarella cheese will give it a very special touch. Let's get to work, look for the ingredients, prepare your table that we are going to cook.
- ½ liter of milk
- 50gr of wheat flour
- 50gr of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 200gr mozzarella cheese
- We will begin by placing the milk in a pot and bringing it to a boil.
- While we wait for the milk to warm up, we add 1 spoonful of butter so that it melts.
- In a cup, we mix the wheat flour with the cornstarch and add a pinch of salt and nutmeg. We add milk or water, in the necessary amount to form a cream.
- We grate the mozzarella cheese and reserve it for the end. Taste the milk to find out the level of salt and add a little so that everything is balanced.
- When the milk begins to boil, we add the flour mixture, mixing it constantly to avoid the formation of lumps. We cook for the space of 3-4min so that the flour cooks completely.
- After that time, we turn off the fire and add the mozzarella cheese. Mix well so that it melts and is everywhere.
- I prepared broccoli and cauliflower for this sauce, steamed them and served everything just in time to make them hot.
- If the sauce cools down, you will notice that it will become firm as if it were a pudding. You can heat it up for 1 minute and it will take on its smooth texture again.
If you like béchamel sauce, let me know in the comments. Do you usually prepare it the same way I do, or do you make it with the traditional method?
All pictures were taken by me, with a Xiaomi Redmi 7 phone, without any edition. They were only compressed to facilitate the visualization of the content.