STEEMFOODS : Fish Head Tinola
Today allow me to share my Fish Head Tinola. Head of the Fish is my favorite among the parts of the fish. I always cook tinola using the head of the fish.
Tinolang Isda or Fish in Ginger Broth is a type of Filipino clear soup dish wherein fish such as Tuna is cooked in a broth composed of ginger, lemongrass and other vegetables. It is a simple dish that can be enjoyed during dinner with the entire family.
- The Fish itself
- Lemon grass
- Onion and Garlic
- Ground Pepper
- Chili powder
- Fist step, Preheat a pot in a medium heat and pour cooking oil. Let it heat and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Next, Pour water in a soup pot. Let boil.
- When the water boiled, Add ginger, tomato, and lemon grass. Cover and boil for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Gently slide-in the Fish. Cover and continue to cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Then its time to put the spices. Add the ground pepper, chili powder and salt. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- And our Tinola is ready to serve. Share and enjoy!