The Waiting Game
Hi friends. Just a little update to this post I shared about my mom.
We are still very much in wait mode.
Some good news:
- Mom had a CT scan of her entire torso. Whatever is happening in her pancreas shows no signs of having spread into other places.
- Tomorrow she has one last check with her primary care provider. This is to check her blood pressure (again). It has been high, and the doctors want to lower it before surgery. If her blood pressure is good this visit, the doctor will sign off on mom’s procedure.
The meh news:
- It looks like mom’s Whipple is still scheduled for February 25. The waiting is stressful. I wish her surgery was happening sooner, but due to some continued miscommunication the wait continues.
- I am having real problems concentrating and participating in life. That will pass I know, but January and now February has been a lot of forgetfulness, sleepless nights, and falling asleep on the couch in the middle of TV shows I am only half watching. I am definitely still on steemit... but I am lurking way more than participating. Thanks for writing stuff I am still reading even if my commenting has really dropped off.
More crap news
- On Monday I found out my aunt also has two growths in her pancreas. 😑 She is my dad’s sister. Oddly just three days older than my mom. I don’t know much yet about next steps with my aunt. She has been battling different types of cancer off and on for too long. There aren’t words to describe how I feel about this coupled with my mom’s situation.
Lucky for me, I have good friends nearby who continue to check up on me, and the hubs is doing his part as well. My work and co-workers are also super supportive. When the surgery happens I am going to take some kind of extended leave. So, I have spent a decent part of today filling out paperwork for this.
If you are part of Steem Silver Gold and have been missing the weekly @myprecious membership post... (Wait! No one is missing that! 😂) it is on hiatus. I will make a post if there are new members, but while things are quiet the weekly update is going dark for the moment.
Thank you for understanding. 🤗