The Hive Blockchain: A Steem Community Hard Fork With Superior DPoS - The LEO Show #24
It’s official! The entire community has spent weeks debating and discussing the possibility of a hard fork. Now that we see a plan and roadmap in place and a hard launch date, the discussions are shifting from how to fork to how will the fork go.
There are still quite a few unknowns, but speaking in a broad sense — this is an amazing thing for the Steem community.
It allows the community to develop its own fork. To disconnect from the centralization of Justin Sun and Steemit, Inc. that has been weighing us down for the past 4 years.
Listen & Subscribe to the Steemleo Podcast!
Over these past 4 years, developers and community members have taken this blockchain from a tiny little blogging interface and a database into being a flourishing community with hundreds of applications and developers that are all passionate about a shared mission — Web 3.0
Hive has the potential to be everything that we all have wanted Steem to be for so long. Without having to carry the weight of a failed company — Steemit, Inc. — Hive can move freely and under the leadership of the Steem community.
When Hive launches, it will be essentially and exact clone of Steem with just a few minor tweaks to ensure that the DPoS (delegated proof of stake) governance is more secure than before. Preventing Justin Sun, Steemit, Inc. and the exchanges from overtaking the governance of a new chain.
In This Episode:
- Why Hive? Why Now?
- What is Hive?
- Who Is Behind Hive?
- The Hive Team is More than 10x Bigger than The Steemit, Inc. Team
- Will Exchanges Honor the Airdrop?
- How to Receive Your Airdrop
- How to Use Hive
- Hive Launch Date: Friday, March 20th at 10 AM EST
- https://hive.io/ - Hive Landing Page
- https://hive.blog/ - Hive Condenser
- https://steemleo.com/communityfork/@hiveio/announcing-the-launch-of-hive-blockchain - Hive Announcement
- https://twitter.com/binance/status/1240267889933860867 - Binance Supporting the Airdrop
https://steemleo.com is an online community for crypto & financial content creators, powered by Steem and the LEO token economy.
- Learn more about our steem-powered community at https://steemleo.com/faq.
- Trade Steem-based tokens on Leodex at https://dex.steemleo.com
- Buy & Sell Digital Products and Services with STEEM & LEO on the Leoshop at https://shop.steemleo.com
Posted via Steemleo