U-Turn in the St. Clair - Poetry in Motion - Shipspotting
When Algoma Hansa came out of lay-up yesterday, she was facing the wrong direction in Sarnia, Ontario. It was quite amazing to watch her do a very tight U-turn almost within her own length. Read more about her on Boatnerd's site.
Algoma Hansa is a 472-foot-long tanker operated by Algoma Central Corporation since 2006. She stayed in Sarnia over the winter and looked very smart today as she got underway to begin the 2021 shipping season with a voyage to Nanticoke. She is riding high and empty today.
All ready for her downbound journey! Fair sailing to all working with this ship this season!
Kudos to the person behind the camera for allowing all the viewers to watch this movement.
Crossposted on Hive.
Today's images are from:
Boatnerd - Port Huron, Michigan
The sharing of the pictures/cameras is encouraged for the education and enjoyment of all. Please take a look at these cameras on YouTube.
Note: Boatnerd also hosts shipping news, huge amounts of data about almost any "laker" and even many of the "saltie" visitors - and even a book called "Know Your Ships". I would encourage supporting his great work, especially as he has plans to add more cameras in 2021.
If you want to be tagged in future shipspotting posts, please let me know and I'll add you to this list.
(I can also remove you if you wish.)
Past Shipspotting Posts
- Watching the Ships in Duluth, Minnesota
- Watching the Ships at Port Huron, Michigan
- Trains and Ships on the Mississippi, Fort Madison, Iowa
- Year's End Shipping in Duluth - Dec 31, 2020 - featuring Algoma Guardian, American Spirit, Baie Comeau, Great Republic and Stewart J Cort.
- Persistence Pays Off - Feb 11, 2021 - featuring Morro Bay, Samuel Risley, Griffon and Algosea.
- The Buddy System - Feb 14, 2021 - featuring Griffon, Hollyhock, Algosea, Morro Bay, Algocanada and Iver Bright.
- Downbound Progression - Feb 18, 2021 - featuring Samuel Risley and Algosea
- Upbound Parade - Feb 18, 2021 - featuring Samuel Risley, Algonova, Leo A McArthur and Katmai Bay.
- A Day on the St. Clair - Feb 25, 2021 - featuring Katmai Bay, Samuel Risley, Algonova and Pride.
- Threefer in Marine City - Feb 26, 2021 - featuring Katmai Bay, Samuel Risley and Algoterra
- 2021 Shipping Season Begins - Mar 1, 2021 - featuring Manitoulin
- Spring Has Come - Mar 21, 2021 - featuring Griffon
- Today's Shipping on the St. Clair - March 22, 2021 - featuring Algonova, Baie Comeau, Iver Bright, Indiana Harbor and Sharon M/Huron Spirit
- Algoma Enterprise Farewell post - Jan 5, 2021 - featuring Algoma Enterprise, Algoma Niagara and Joyce van Enkevort - Jan 5, 2021
- Alpena, the Oldest Ship on the Lakes - March 8, 2021
- Iver Bright - Asphalt and Bitumen Tanker - March 5, 2021
- Katmai Bay - USCGC 101
- Mississagi's Final Voyage - Jan 5, 2021
Freewrites that include ship pictures...
- Winter, Writing and Winging It - featuring Drawsko and Federal Oshima.
- American Steamship Company - American Integrity,
- Canada Steamship Lines - Frontenac, Rt Hon Paul J Martin,
- Interlake - James R Barker, Kaye E Barker,
- Canadian - Samuel Risley
- BBC - BBC Swift
Two or more ships -
- Burns Harbor & Stewart J Cort,
- Jamna, Sinaa, Torrent and Federal Dart,
- USCG Biscayne Bay - 104, CCG Samuel Risley, Michigan w/ Great Lakes and USCG Morro Bay - 106
No Ships... (on these ship cameras)
This category is for when the camera operator finds something else fun to focus on, like the peregrines around Port Huron or the beautiful sunrise over Lake Superior as viewed from the Duluth Aerial Lift Bridge.
author/designer at A'mara Books
photographer/graphic artist for Viking Visual
(Buy my work at RedBubble, TeePublic, PicFair and DeviantArt.)
verified author on Goodreads
(Buy my books at Books2Read and at LBRY)