Introducing PeakLock, Keys Management and More...
A new version of SteemPeak is now available. Some of the features mentioned below have been available for some days, but with this post I (@asgarth) will try to do a recap of all the latest changes. Keep reading for more details ;)
The new release is now live at https://steempeak.com
1. Introducing PeakLock
Due to the amount of requests we got from our community we decided to add a new login option. Now it's possible to login with your private posting key on steempeak.com.
There is an option to also store your Active key. But in this case you will need to unlock the account with a 'pin code' every time you want to use this key to sign a transaction. Please read the details on the login screen before configuring a new account.
2. Keys Management Page
Finally it's possible to check/change your private keys on SteemPeak. And also update the recovery account associated with your account. The new page can be found under the 'Actions' menu in your own profile page.
A list of what you can do on this new page:
- Validate (identify) a private key - Show all your keys using the master password - Change your keys - Change recovery account
3. Burn your share of cross post rewards
We added a new option to burn your part of a cross post rewards. If the user doing the cross post is also the post author this means burning 95% of the total rewards (5% beneficiary is still set to the community owner account)
4. More API nodes are available
There are more API nodes options available:
- api.steemit.com - anyx.io - steemd.minnowsupportproject.org (NEW) - api.steemian.info (NEW)
Please consider supporting the projects/witnesses behind those nodes as they allow SteemPeak to be a more decentralized platform.
5. Show community rules when writing a new post
When writing a new post in a community it's now possible to check the rules directly in the Publish page:
6. Some minor updates to make your life easier
- Using this link steempeak.com/wallet will redirect an user to his wallet page
- Improve rendering of some images in the posts
- When on an hive-000000 topic page there is now a link to the corresponding community
- Reduce the number of API calls to get the Steem global parameters
7. Some minor bug fixes and minor improvements
As always some minor fixes and improvements across the website ;)
Support the @steempeak witness/proposals
Now is probably a nice time to remind you of the ways you can support the development of @steempeak.
Recently we submitted a proposal to the Steem Proposals System (SPS). You can review the proposal here and directly on the proposal page.
If you agree to the proposal and you think the points mentioned add value to Steem consider supporting it using the above links or directly with this link.
We also run a witness server to help produce the blocks for the Steem Blockchain. You can vote for our witness so we are in a position to process more of them.
- Using Keychain: You just have to click and approve the transaction
- Using SteemConnect: You'll need access to confirm the transaction with your Active Key at least