SIZ Approved Course||IT-Tech Course||Lecture 4||How to create Relationships in Microsoft Access||20%payout to @siz-official
Hello my dear Siz Steemians Family
Definition of Relationship in Microsoft Access
- A relationship consist of parent and child 🚸 tables.
- The child table indentify the parent table by having a field like filed in the parent table.
- The child table is also referred as foreign key 🗝️ .
- The parents table is included the primary key
Types of Relationship
Relationship is use in database to linking 🔗 data in one table with data in other table.
We can relate tables are one of three different ways.
One to One relationshipIn One to One relationship each record in one table has one Record related to another table .
One to Many relationshipA one to Many relationship is also called as Master detail or refered as parent child 🚸 relationship.In a One to Many relationship a record in a table X can have many records in table y but a record in table Y has only one related record in table X.
Many to many relationshipIn Many to many relationship a record in table X may have more than one record in table Y and a record in table Y may have more than one record in table X. Define Relationship In Microsoft Access We can define relationship by adding the table we can associate with relationship of tables,then dragging the key 🗝️ field of one table and dropping it to the key 🗝️ in another table
create Two table as Parent and Child Table
Any data that you want to ener into foreign key field must be match a value from the parents primary key 🗝️ field
- we will include all the fields in which we want to apply operation.
- Then we select the subjects fields and + Operator to calculate Total Marks values.
- For creating Relationship click on DataBase Tool , in the Relationships group, click on Relationships button.
- In the Build tab, in the Relationship group, click Insert Tables .
Creating Relationship between Parent and Child Tables
- The drag the field from one table to the child table field (foreign key) in another table. For drag multiple fields, press the CTRL key, click each field, and then drag them.
- The Edit Relationship dialog box appears.
- Make sure the field names shown are normal relationship fields. If the field name is incorrect, click the field name and select the appropriate field from the list.
- select the Enforce Referential Integrity check box
- Then Click on Create
and other staff of Steemit infinity zone who provide us such an amazing and interesting platform where we show our skills and our experience .