My Entry to Show Your Art or Craft Contest
I am glad to participate in the art and craft making contest by @oppongk.
I am a rookie when it comes to photoshopping, regardless I want to show the world my little experience on Photoshop Glow Effect.
- Open the picture in the editor
- Select parts you wish to highlight and cut them out into a separate layer.
- Apply Gaussian Blur(Filter) to the obtained layers and change the effect to Linear Dodge
- Repeat the procedure for different blurring quantities to bring out the glow.
- Open Color Lookup adjustment layer
- Select NightFormDay.CUBE
- Add Brightness/Contrast effect and increase the contrast to achieve a slightly darker space.
- Select the brush tool with "soft round" and reduce the flow below 50.
- Draw your glow patterns on the Colour Link Layer
- You can add different layers and work on different glow patterns
- Apply Outer Glow to the layers of your choice
- Adjust the Opacity to suit your choice.
I tried to explain the steps as simply as I can. You can always find a tutorial online to help guide you if you wish to do the same.
Thank you for your attention