Hello fellow Steemians!
I guess before we all start writing about our hobbies, there is an introductory post to be written. We all get ahead of ourselves and forget about that small tidbit.
My name is Chris, a startup enthusiast! Born and raised in the states, but spent the last 8 years of my life in Korea. It's been 10 years since I graduated from college, where I worked in consulting for a few years before dipping my foot into the startup scene. I've always been fortunate in that the startups that I have worked on seem to do well. My first startup TMON went from 0 to 4+ billion dollars in GMV in 6 years. Left after 5 years and started my second startup Althea, the number 1 Korean beauty e-commerce that caters to Southeast Asian consumers selling the trendiest Korean beauty products.
Remembering the last few days of TMON (Always rooting for you guys!)
I'm not a big fan of pictures, so took one from the Tech In Asia article Man, I look so weird in this one. Anyways, that's me on the far left.
Ironically, thinking I was on top of the world, I started investing in startups thinking everything would do well. Man was this far from the truth. Be it as it may, let's just say that I won't be so active anymore investing in other people's projects :)
Regarding the blockchain, I came upon the crypto scene back in 2015, tried dabbling in mining, both physically and cloud.
- Physically, I tried doing my own gpu-based ETH mining, as well as just purchase ASICS from Bitmain
- Cloud mining, tried out Genesis Mining and Hashflare (https://hashflare.io/)
- Got conned out of BTC with www.bitmanusa.com (man I sure had this one coming for me) and crypterra.net (usually, things that are too good, are essentially that, too good to be true)
- Now, trying out a shared mining service called Ice Rock Mining
- Looked into a few ICO projects and hoping that while many may be scams, there are the gems out there that really change the landscape of the world, of which I truly believe Steem is one of.
Anyways, that's my professional/hobby life in a nutshell for the past decade. Will post some new stuff in the future that I have experienced and hopefully can benefit others! Never in my life did I think I would be writing posts until I saw Steemit. Loved the model, talked with some of the team members, loved the team, and with the help with a few colleagues, thought that I could potentially provide some insight. If you have any questions into any of my experiences, let me know!
Ta ta and have a wonderful week, fellow Steemians!