Ticking off the early signs of spring
It's just past Easter and it's still not warm. In fact, we've had more snow in February-March than I can remember for 5 years.
But I'm still spotting some of the early signs of spring so clearly the birds and flowers and getting ready regardless. So far I've seen:
- Blackthorn bushes flowering
- Snowdrops, crocuses and daffodils everywhere
- Frogs in the garden pond
- New growth on the sedum plant
- Buzzards skydancing
- Bumblebees in the garden
- Blue tits preparing the nestbox
- Coots nest building on the river
- A slight tickle of hayfever
- My cat is staying outdoors for longer
What signs of spring have you spotted so far?