LOYALITY AND HONESTY TO ONE’S SPOUSE-A VITAL KEY TO FIDELITY
In previous editions of the friends for life series we had studied integration and this dealt with a lot of things we could do to keep the family bonded together including keeping faithful to each other.
But what does loyalty in marriage really mean? AUDIENCE TO SHARE PERSPECTIVES HERE.
- Respecting his/her views
- Honoring her whether present or absent
- Abstain from tarnishing her image, personality, lineage and ancestry
- Ensnaring oneself to the spouse
- Putting the spouse into consideration in every decision making
- Avoiding all appearance of evil with the opposite sex
- Making full declarations of actions and deeds pre, intra, and post marriage.
- Keeping all matters as open as possible
- Maintaining financial openness
- No secretes
CONTINUOSUS LOVE AND HARMONY
A couple must strive hard to ensure that the flames of love in their marriage is hot and always burning, regarding of the age of the union. It is of utmost importance that they stamp themselves on each other’s hearts especially in the good times; this enables them to stand stronger in times of temptation or vulnerability. The little things like consistent intimacy, consistent gifting, and time alone together which make the marriage bubble should never be left out. There is no limit to the number of honey moons a couple can have, neither is any gift too cheap or too expensive to purchase for a spouse. The value is in the love behind the gift and not the price. (Eph 5:25-29)