Edge (October 2003)
Edge is a multi-format gaming magazine published in the U.K. It has been around since October 1993 and once upon a time it shared some content with Next Generation. If you liked the content of that magazine, you might like this one. The October 2003 issue includes:
- 9/11 is a joke - Edge ponders the questions provoked by games with content based on horrific real-life events.
- Score Wars - Hi-score tables: once upon a time the only way to gain gaming status. And now they're back.
- Edge's Ten Commandments - Ten simple yet obvious rules of game design that we believe should apply to every game ever made.
- O.TO.GI 2 (Xbox)
- SWAT: Global Strike Team (PS2, Xbox)
- Chrome (PC)
- Call of Duty (PC)
- Xyanide (Xbox)
- Spider-Man 2 (PS2, Xbox, GC)
- Katmari Damashi (PS2)
- Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
- Dance UK (PS2)
- True Crimes: Streets of LA (PS2, GC, Xbox)
- Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior (PS2, PC)
- Frontend - SCE and its PSP; Bedroom coding; Xbox/Nintendo conferences
- Out There - Justin Timberlake; Maxx Payne (the wrestler); GTA holiday
- RedEye - Viewtiful Joe induces a joypad-throwing fit
- Trigger Happy - Steven Poole lists the ten things games have taught him
- AV Out - Japan should work harder and produce better games
- Biffovision - Mr Biffo turns into careers officer mode
- Subscribe - Money off and free delivery - how can you resists?
- Back issues - Quick, before they sell out
- Retrotest - It's 1978. Edge reviews Space Invaders
- The making of... - Edge. Come on, it is our birthday...
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox, PC)
- Republic: The Revolution (PC)
- Boktai (GBA)
- R-Type Final (PS2)
- F-Zero GX (GC)
- Freedom Fighters (PS2, Xbox, GC)
- Star Wars: Galaxies - An Empire Divided (PC)
- The Italian Job: LA Heist (PS2, Xbox, GC)
- Group S Challnge (Xbox)