DESIRING, DISCERNING AND DOING
“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like.
They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
Jesus Christ uses the passage to illustrate the folly of hearing His words and not acting upon the words. Hmmm, calling Him "Lord", knowing Him as the son of God, as the Savior, the redeemer and not following or doing what HE is asking us to do is as worthless as an unholy contradictions.
The journey in discernment begins with a desire to know God's will for our lives. Discerning the pathway and purpose for our lives but not taking it or doing it is as risky as building a house without a good foundation. The whole point is to act upon it and do what God is asking us to do
It is unlikely that we will ever discern the will of God for our lives if we have no intention of doing it. It is not enough to just know Jesus, to just listen to His words, to believe in Him and words, etc. If we want to be strong and resist the torrent struck, we must not just call Him Lord but We must Desire, Discern and Act upon His words, obey His instructions or do what He asks us to do.
GOD IS NOT DEAD
Steemit Kids World Foundation is a Ghanaian registered non-profit organization where like-hearted individuals come together and become agents of change.
Our key areas of focus are what we believe to be the pillars of a fulfilling life - health and education.
Goal Of Steemit Kids World:
- To help build self-confidence in kids who have gone through traumatic events and Create a joyful environment for learning
- To educate kids about basic health, hygiene, sanitation and on their rights as a child.
Encourage and ensure each girl become an independent thinker and self-learner.
- To help the needy, deserving children, handicaps, orphans, and sick children by providing them with books, scholarships, school uniforms, medicines, clothes, hospitalization, food etc
- To organize talent show programs for specially disabled kids or homeless kids to help boost their confidence and hope of a bright future.
- To conduct health awareness programs for the kids on the streets about drugs
- To organize social awareness camps and counseling sessions for kids going through life abuse.
Etherium, or through steemitkidsworld
kindly Support steemitKidsWorld by Delegating SP via any of the links below..
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO JOIN OUR DISCORD PAGE FOR FREE GCR COINS
TREOS is a self-governed and decentralised ecosystem for merchants and buyers, driven by smart contracts, created with the intention of building a new economy for the people, by the people. As a ready-built and privately-funded platform, the TREOS online marketplace will be publicly launching this year.