Those of You in the Steemit Elite: Why Don't You Just Post Blank Posts?
And yes, I've been thinking about this ever since I joined in the summer of 2016.
If you're in the Steemit elite - and what I mean by this is people who make triple digits on autovotes - why don't you just post empty, blank posts?
Just open the page, click "post" and have that be that.
You'd save yourself so much time, trouble, and energy. All of your votes are automatic anyway. No one votes for the content, they autovote people. Either people who have enough SP that it's a "I'll scratch your back, you'll scratch my back" sort of deal, or people who have provided oral sex in some other ways.
One or the other.
The view counter was recently removed because of the discrepancy between the number of votes and the actual views that posts were getting. I guess because it exposed this place as the joke that it is.
Sure, a lot of the top trenders were using a Chrome extension to inflate the view counter, so it wasn't the most reliable thing, but it still told a pretty striking tale when one really had a look.
So, I ask you. Whale. Or an otherwise popular poster, whatever.
Why don't you just post a blank post?
We all know none of you give a fuck about the place. That's no secret. So don't give me that whole "Oh, I care about my readers, I want to provide quality contentaadwsdfwsefsdfjsdfns" blahblahblahblahgaaaah.
Is it that you're dense?
Do you lack a social life or things to do so spending time to craft posts on Steemit is actually the best use of your time?
What is it?
If you haven't quite caught on yet, my point is this:
- The meaningful, actually meaningful, votes on the platform are automatic.
- The only way to "make it" on Steemit is to get on those autovote lists.
- Unless you do, nothing you do matters because every single thing you post just gets buried underneath all the shit in five minutes.
- People who are on autovotes can do whatever they want.
- People who autovote do it BECAUSE they're too damn lazy to read anything.
- Hence it's pointless to keep up the facade that this place has anything to do with the content because the meaningful votes come from people who don't even care enough to read. Hell, you can write "The holocaust" was awesome, and it won't change anything.
- The entire place could be automated. Just make a bot post blank posts on the site. All the same autovoters will give you the exact same amount of money. All the same sycophants looking for upvotes will leave you all the same unimaginative comments. Everything will be exactly the same. It's just that you, elite Steemian, can save a lot of time and energy.
If you can make the exact same amount of money by going to work or by taking a day off, why would you go to work?
Your content doesn't matter.