How to become a Programmer for Complete Noobs! Part 2
Today, we're gonna write "Hello World", in HTML!
It is a long-held tradition to write a "Hello-World!" program as your first program in any programming language...so without further ado, let's write our first program!
What is HTML anyway?
If you see some HTML, it looks like this:
Those things above inside the "< >" are called "tags". Some of the tags do different things.
However, if you're feeling rather boring, you can just simply type some text, save the text as a ".html" extension, and then run it! That is what we are going to do, for our first program!
Steps to create "Hello World" program:
- Write the words "Hello World" in a text editor (Notepad will work just fine!)
- Save the file as ".html" (save as "All files" then name the file something like helloWorld.html)
- Open the file with Web Browser, probably by double-clicking on it.
- Feel like a boss!
- Go to W3Schools, an awesome website at: https://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
- Click on the green button that says "Try it Yourself"
- Play around for a while. Then change the text to show "Hello World"!
Congrats! You've now written your first program!
Follow along for additional tips and tricks and thanks for participating ;)