ULOG | EP 17 | An Unexpected Visitor on our Daily Team Huddle
One of the things that I appreciate the most about #ULOG is the fact that it "pushes" Steemians to be "Different" and to experience "Different Things" everyday, breaking our "Normal" habit with "Freshness" of New things that we should "Try" to do. Indeed, a true "Celebrity-hood" mindset.
I am currently working as a Metrics Analyst in one of the many companies located at UP Ayala Techno Hub -- one of the Best working Environment in Metro Manila. One of our daily routine as a team, aside from doing our reports is to conduct our daily "Team Huddle". We gather every day for atleast 15 mins to discuss these things:
- SUCCESS -- we celebrate every Individual's and Team's Success and Achievement
- PERFORMANCE -- we track our daily, weekly and monthly performance which compose of "Accuracy" and "Timeliness" since we are on the "Support" function of the company.
- PROBLEM SOLVING -- we identify "current" challenges that the Team is experiencing that might affect our performance
- COMMUNICATIONS -- These are announcements from the company and from our Business Units that we need to be reminded
- ACTIONS -- Things that we need to finish or to take action immediately
- PLANNING -- Our daily Plans or individual Schedules, it could be Meetings / Town Halls / Meet and Greet
- PEOPLE -- We assess the condition of every individual in the Team, this includes a person's Mood
WE HAVE AN UNEXPECTED VISITOR IN OUR TEAM HUDDLE
I experienced a "New Thing" at my workplace last Tuesday (June 12). Our daily team huddle that day is very surprissing, why? Aside from the fact that the Team is really performing well, we have an unexpected visitor, our SVP/Managing Director in the Philippines! It is very unusual that a SVP of a company will join a Team Huddle, but he initiated to join in our Team Huddle.
He listened attentively to our "Team updates" and asked questions to us regarding our Huddle board, he also asked "How we are" as a person and as a Team, he is like "One of Us" in the Team, "No Borders", "No Positional Thinking".
The funny thing is that he joined on one of our "Chants" that we are doing during that huddle -- the "Yehey" chant since we are celebrating a lot of Team's and Individual's Success during that time.
The huddle ended with a smile on all our faces as we are privilege to have our SVP in our Daily Huddle.
WHAT ARE MY LEARNINGS FROM THIS?
- CONSISTENCY -- with the consistency off our daily Huddle it helped us address challenges that we are currently facing and it keep us Updated on the performance of the Team.
- CHARACTER -- no matter how Intellect you are as a leader if you don't have the "right" character you will surely not achieve success in leadership.
- CONNECT -- no matter what your position is, as a leader we are to connect to our members even in the simplest way.
IS THIS FOOTER FREE?
This footer is FREE for the FIRST 20 ULOGGERS who will do the following:
(1) RESTEEM this Post
(2) COMMENT below your latest ULOG POST
Requested Footer will be delivered
6:00 to 11:00 PM MNL
Here are some of the REQUESTED GIF
"I thank my God every time I remember you."
With God's Love,
To vote for a witness, simply visit https://steemit.com/~witnesses and type in "steemgigs" into the first search box for witnesses and type in "surpassinggoogle" in the second box for proxy.
This post was made from https://ulogs.org