FreeCAD on Crowdin | FreeCAD on Github
- FreeCAD is like a swiss Army knife when it comes to engineering toolkits. Thanks to its open source nature it can be used by anyone to create product designs, mechanical engineering and architecture objects.
- A variety of its features are used today by a wide range of students and teachers. It is capable of delivering 3D real-life objects taking advantage from the parametric modeling feature which can be used to easily modify a design with the possibility to go back in history and change some of its parameters.
- Unlike its direct competitor on the market: AutoCAD, which has an annual subscription of more than a 1000$ which is impossible for normal students in my country to pay. FreeCAD can come to the rescue by providing a complete engineering toolkit for free.
- So, from now on it will be my life mission to provide a proper and accurate translation of this wonderful gift.
- This is my fifth contribution to the FreeCAD open source project.
- This contribution, was like finding a needle in a haystack, i have tried to find the most easiest and simple words and sentences to translate at first. but, it was a useful experience to acquire new vocabularies and glossaries related to the mechanical engineering field that will help me out in the long term to enhance my skills as a translator.
In this session:
- The files concerned with the translation in this contribution are multiple, but i have found myself in most of the times sticking with the file : sketcher.ts, as to stay with the same semantic field more or less.
- The contribution contains a lot of similar strings, and a lot of words in common, but for me it's all new and i had to double check and to review every possibility of translation.
- In the majority of new words to translate, i had tried to give the Arabic based words other than the phonetic versions.
- The FreeCAD project is written in a professional english related to the engineering field. my task during this period is to provide an Arabic translation and i'm capable of that simply because i'm an Arabic native speaker.
- Total words count: 31 770 words.
- Total words translated in this part: 745 words.
- Number of untranslated words in this part: 5 words.
- Number of duplicated words ≈ 47 words.
- Time frame: from august 28 to august 31 at 02h00(UTC+1) : Proof .
- Final count: 740 words.
Proof of Authorship :
CrowdIn project link | My CrowdIn profile link | My activity link
- A big hug for the @utopian-io and @davinci.witness teams for making this kind of contributions comes to light.
- A big thanks to the Arabic team for their continuous support and assistance.
- utopian-io was standing for us all the times and now it is time that we stand for him as he is suffering from low delegations, so voting for him as a witness would be much appreciated: Vote for Utopian Witness! .